Watch recording (logged in Tridex members only)
Session title: Db2 Advanced Log Space Management – Trying to Make Life Simple
Session abstract: Trying to figure out the ins and outs of Db2 Log Space Management? Spent too much time trying to figure out what settings are best for your environment? Look no further than Db2’s new Advanced Log Space Management. With the introduction of Db2 11.5 the journey has begun in making log space management more autonomic.
This presentation will introduce you to some of the concepts and principles behind it all. We will do a deep dive into the technology and transformation behind making log space management more hands off, which in the end will make life simple for you and your organization.
- Today’s log space management and the challenges that arise.
- Welcome introduction to Db2 Advanced Log Space Management — what is so advanced about it?
- Deep dive into the technology behind Db2 Advanced Log Space Management and is it right for you and your organization.
- Monitoring and Problem Analysis – Identify log space issues and discuss what to do when Db2 log management is not behaving as expected.
- What’s next? The next steps towards making log space management more automated.
Speaker biography: Michael Roecken is a senior software developer with Db2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows platforms at the IBM Toronto Lab. Michael has worked since 2000 designing, implementing and supporting various features and capabilities in the areas of: backup/restore, crash/rollforward recovery, high availability/disaster recovery, logging/transaction management and upgrade/migration.
Please connect with Michael on Twitter at @roecken and LinkedIn.